I am an Assistant Professor at Georgia Tech ISyE. My research concerns the control and operation of decarbonized power systems, particularly with the integration of flexible loads such as electric vehicles. I got my PhD from the University of Oxford in the Energy and Power Group, and completed my postdoc in the GRIFFIN Lab at CU Boulder.
You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am actively recruiting PhD students.
If you came here looking for my blog, it is now hosted at this address, apologies for the inconvenience!
- 7/2023 Our paper titled Price Perturbations for Privacy Preserving Demand Response With Distribution Network Awareness is accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid!
- 5/2023 Excited to announce that I will move to Georgia Tech ISyE this Fall as an Assistant Professor!
- 4/2023 Results are out for Event 2 of the ARPA-E Grid Optimization competition, Electric Stampede won in half of the divisions!
- 3/2023 Congratulations to undergraduate student Calla on getting her first paper accepted into PESGM!
- 3/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at UC Davis
- 3/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Duke University
- 3/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Cornell University
- 3/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Cornell Tech
- 2/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Carnegie Mellon University
- 2/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Georgia Tech
- 1/2023 I was pleased to give a seminar at Rice University
- 12/2022 I visited and gave a seminar at Texas A&M University
- 12/2022 Our team, led by UT Austin, has been selected for a $400k award to compete in Challenge 3 of the ARPA-E Grid Optimization Competition. [Press release]
- 10/2022 I attended the Rising Stars 2022 Workshop, it was great to meet everyone!
- 10/2022 I am at INFORMS 2022, presenting on “Robust pricing for residential demand response with human-in-the-loop”.
- 08/2022 Excited to have been selected to attend the Rising Stars workshop at UT Austin in October.
- 07/2022 I am releasing hourly electricity demand data from 155 transmission systems alongside the publication of our new paper in Applied Energy, details here.
- 06/2022 I chaired a session on Data-driven Methods at PMAPS.
- 04/2022 Presented our work on the socio-economic impacts of electric vehicle adoption at the IRT poster event.
- 03/2022 Paper accepted to PMAPS 2022
- 03/2022 I was pleased to give a virtual seminar at Imperial College
- 03/2022 I was pleased to give a virtual seminar at Boston University
- 02/2022 I was pleased to give a virtual seminar at MIT
- 02/2022 I was pleased to give a virtual seminar at Temple University
- 02/2022 Paper accepted to PSCC 2022 - congratulations to first author Ash on her first journal paper!
- 01/2022 Three papers (1 2 3) accepted to the PES general meeting - looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver this summer!
- 12/2021 I was pleased to give a virtual seminar at Newcastle University [Recording]
- 10/2022 I presented at the INFORMS annual meeting in the session on the ARPA-E GO Competition
- 10/2021 I presented Electric Stampede’s strategy at the ARPA-E GO Outreach event
- 10/2021 The results are in - Electric Stampede placed 5th in Challenge 2 winning $140,000. Read the press release here.